Travel sickness, also known as motion sickness, is a combination of unpleasant symptoms that can occur when you are travelling, including dizziness, nausea and vomiting. Rowlands Pharmacy stock a selection of travel sickness tablets and remedies so you don't have to suffer.
For most people, the symptoms of travel sickness occur when travelling by car, train, boat or plane, while others get symptoms on fairground rides and even when watching faced-paced films in the cinema or playing video games. Symptoms will usually improve when the motion stops, but can carry on for a few days after.
- Ask the pharmacist to help choose a remedy that will last the whole length of the journey.
- All the remedies for travel sickness can cause drowsiness and can affect driving. Ask your pharmacist which is the best for drivers.
- Be prepared and have sick bags to hand even if you have taken an anti-sickness tablet.
- Read how to take the tablets. Many products need to be taken well before the journey starts
- Try to keep children occupied with in-car games and avoid reading.
- If you are looking out of the window, try to focus on distant objects that remain steady.
- Do not eat large meals and fizzy drinks before travelling and make sure there is plenty of fresh air.
- If your symptoms cannot be controlled ask our pharmacist for advice.
Products we recommend for this condition are:
- Stugeron Tablets Travel Pack 15s - Effective prevention of travel sickness. For oral administration. The tablets may be sucked, chewed or swallowed. Dose: Adults and children over the age of 12 years: Take 2 tablets two hours before travelling. One further tablet every eight hours as required. Children aged 5 – 11 years: Take 1 tablet two hours before travelling. One further half tablet every eight hours as required. May cause drowsiness. If affected do not drive or operate machinery. Avoid alcohol. Contains cinnarizine 15mg. Consult your doctor or pharmacist before using this product if; - You have parkinson's disease, - You have porphyria, - You have liver or kidney problems, - You are pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant. Do not take if you are breast feeding. Not recommended for children under 5 years. If you have any other symptoms after taking this product, consult your doctor or pharmacist. Keep out of the reach of children. Always read the label.
To find your nearest Rowlands Pharmacy simply enter your postcode into the store finder.