Feeling low in energy, feeling tired or having a poor appetite are common complaints. In most cases, these things happen after an illness. These symptoms are not usually long lived, returning to normal will generally happen within a few weeks.
- Do a little more exercise day by day. Walking or stretching are good starting points.
- Eat more food that has good energy stores such as meats, vegetables, fruit, bread, potatoes and rice.
- Eat less fat and sweet sugars such as cake and biscuits.
- Make sure you get all the vitamins you need. It is best to get the vitamins from the food you eat. Our pharmacist can advise if you need to take a supplement.
- Tell our pharmacist if you have any of the following symptoms: sleepiness in the day, a high thirst, going to the toilet often, blurred vision, weight loss that you cannot explain, very heavy periods, indigestion, a change in your bowel habits or in your stools, dizziness or severe pain.
- If you are worried about your health and think you need a tonic, ask our pharmacist for advice.
Products we recommend for this condition are:
- Metatone Tonic 300ml - Helps to restore health and vitality when you are feeling tired and run down and after illnesses such as colds and flu. Always read the label. Suitable for adults and children over 6 years old. Directions: Adults should dilute one or two 5ml spoonfuls with water two or three times a day before meals. Children over 6 years old should dilute one 5ml spoonful two or three times a day before meals. Do not use if bottle seal is broken when purchased. Consult your doctor or pharmacist if you have an underlying medical condition, are taking any other medication or complementary therapy, or if symptoms persist. Seek advice before using if you are breast feeding, pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or suffer from allergies. Keep out of the reach of children.
To find your nearest Rowlands Pharmacy simply enter your postcode into the store finder.