A migraine is a severe, throbbing headache that's usually felt around the front or sides of the head. There are many factors that can cause a migraine, and they can come with other symptoms too, such as light sensitivity, nausea and even vomiting. They are most common in adult women, and there are several different types of migraine, which is why we sell a variety of remedies for migraines at Rowlands Pharmacy so you can find the treatment that's right for you.
- Lie down in a darkened room.
- Avoid the trigger factors, if known.
- Many treatments may cause drowsiness.
- Do not take the recommended maximum dose over extended periods.
- Preventative treatments are available from the doctor for recurring migraines.
- If you suffer with regular migraines, ask our pharmacist for advice.
Products we recommend for this condition are:
- Migraitan Tablets 50mg 2s - Provides rapid migraine relief and help alleviate related migraine symptoms such as nausea and sensitivity to light and sound. Migraitan contains the active ingredient, sumatriptan, which works by reducing the swelling of blood vessels in the brain. This effective process is proven to relieve migraine symptoms. Always read the package leaflet before use. Suitable for adults aged 18 to 65 years. Dose; Swallow the tablet whole with water. Take one tablet as soon as possible at the first signs of a migraine headache. If symptoms start to come back, you can take the second tablet after 2 hours. You must leave at least 2 hours after the first tablet before taking another dose. Not suitable for children under 18 or adults over 65. Also contains Lactose monohydrate. Do not take more than 2 tablets in 24 hours. Do not take more than two tablets for the same attack. Do not take a second tablet if the first tablet does not provide any relief. Do not exceed the stated dose. Always read the leaflet enclosed before use. Keep out of reach of children.
To find your nearest Rowlands Pharmacy simply enter your postcode into the store finder.