There are many different eye irritations, which can be self treated. Ask our pharmacist to choose the right product for you.
- Avoid wearing contact lenses while the eye problem is there.
- Do not keep touching the infected eye: you may spread the infection to the other eye or elsewhere.
- Bathe the eye regularly with warm water.
- Use separate treatment bottles for each eye if both eyes are infected.
- Do not share your drops with other people.
- Always check the expiry date of the eye treatment.
- If you have sudden pain or blurred vision ask to see your pharmacist.
- If your eye problem does not go away in three days, ask our pharmacist for advice.
Products we recommend for this condition are:
- Murine Eye Drops 10ml - Clears minor irritation and redness in eyes. Fast acting and long lasting. It is used to clear redness and soothe eyes which have been irritated by, for example, dusty atmospheres, wind, swimming, smoke, air pollutants and close work such as reading and computer use. Contains Naphazoline Hydrochloride. Do not use if you suffer from glaucoma or other serious eye diseases. Contact lenses should not be worn during treatment with this product. Discard within four weeks of first opening. If you have any other symptoms after taking this product, consult your doctor or pharmacist. Keep out of reach of children. Always read the label.
- Optrex Sore Eye Drops 10ml - Soothes and cleanses to provide relief for minor eye irritations. Dusty or smoky atmospheres, driving and close work can make the eyes sore. Optrex Sore Eye Drops provide relief for sore and irritated eyes: Soothe and cleanse, Cooling action. For adults and children. Use as often as required. Please read the enclosed leaflet carefully before use. Gently squeeze 1 or 2 drops into each eye. Do not use while, or just before, wearing contact lenses. For external use only. Contains Hamamelis Virginiana (Distilled Witch Hazel BPC 13% v/v). Discard 28 days after opening. Keep all medicines out of the sight and reach of children.
- Numark Maximeyes Comfort Drops 10ml - Moisturising, lubricating, relieve dryness and irritation. Maximeyes comfort eye drops is a natural way to lubricate and moisturise the eye.
Suitable for use whilst wearing contact lenses. Contains: 1mg Sodium Hyaluronate in Phosphate Duffered Saline. Wash your hands. To open, twist cap down clockwise to pierce seal. Put two or three drops into each eye to moisturise and lubricate the ocular surface. Close bottle tightly after use. Use within three months of opening. Always read the label. Keep out of reach of children.
To find your nearest Rowlands Pharmacy simply enter your postcode into the store finder.