An allergic response to an external factor such as pollen can cause the eyes to burn, itch and look very red.
- Ask our pharmacist to recommend suitable eye drops for you.
- Not all eye products are suitable for use with contact lenses. Please ask our pharmacist for advice.
- All eye drops can be used with antihistamine tablets.
- Use the recommended eye drops all the time during the hayfever season, particularly before going outside.
- Do not share eye drops or ointment with someone else.
- Avoid going outside at high pollen times of the day. Avoid contact with trigger factors that cause your allergy e.g. pets, cutting the grass.
- Do not rub the eyes.
- If, after three days, you are still suffering, ask our pharmacist for advice.
Products we recommend for this condition are:
- Numark Hayfever Eye Drops 2% 10ml - Contains Sodium Cromoglicate, Disodium Edetate and Benzalkonium Chloride. Consult with your doctor or pharmacist before using this product if: - You wear soft contact lenses, - You are sensitive to eye drops containing sodium cromoglicate, benzalkonium chloride or any of the ingredients listed above, - You are pregnant or breast feeding. These drops may cause blurred vision for a few minutes after use. If this happens do not drive or operate machinery until you can see normally again. Keep out of reach of children. Always read the label.
- Opticrom Allergy Eye Drops 10ml - Contains Sodium Cromoglicate. Before using these drops you must ensure that your irritated eyes are a result of an allergy or you have been diagnosed as suffering from allergy by a doctor. You can be confident that you have allergic eyes if: - Both eyes are affected, - You have a blocked or runny nose as well, - Your eyesight is not affected. But NOT if: - You have no nasal symptoms, - Only one eye is affected, - Your sight is affected. If you are unsure of your symptoms, consult with your doctor or pharmacist. Soft contact lenses should not be worn whilst using this product. Consult your doctor or pharmacist before using this product if you are pregnant or breast feeding. If your symptoms persist or worsen after 48 hours consult your doctor or pharmacist. You should not use this product continuously for more than 3 months, without talking to your doctor first. Keep out of the reach of children. Always read the label.
To find your nearest Rowlands Pharmacy simply enter your postcode into the store finder.