We all know how exciting it is to start planning and packing for our well-deserved holidays. However, in all the excitement we can forget the smaller items which can make our holiday that little bit easier and ultimately more relaxing. It is more often than not cheaper to buy the basics at home before you go away, so be prepared and save yourself some pennies.
We've done the hard work for you so you don't overlook those important items.
It is always important to make sure you have a well-stocked first-aid kit. Children seem to attract more injuries when off on adventures and exploring their new surroundings, so make sure you have all the equipment you need to deal with any cuts and scrapes.
- Elastoplast plasters protect cuts from friction, bacteria, damage, or dirt. Help make the healing process faster and leave the affected area less disturbed.
- Germolene antiseptic wipes are perfect for cuts and grazes, gently cleans the wound and surrounding areas removing harmful germs. Also wipes help to disinfect hands.
- Germolene antiseptic cream used to clean wounds and gently soothes and prevents infection whilst aiding in the natural healing of minor cuts and grazes.
- After Bite provides relief from pain, itching and inflammation caused by insect stings, bites and nettle rash.
Moskito Guard is effective against mosquitoes, midges and a variety of other flying, biting insects. Those found in the UK and other non-tropical areas such as Europe and the Mediterranean are not as dangerous as those found in the tropics. The reaction to insect bites can be uncomfortable, itchy and painful. Moskito Guard helps protect you against insect bites and stings.
Whether you're travelling by plane, boat or car travel sickness can become a real problem. Kwells tablets help prevent and relieve motion sickness, vomiting and vertigo, quickly reducing the sensitivity of the vomiting centre. The tablets work within 1 hour, for up to 24 hours and are suitable for children aged 5 years and upwards. Don't let travel sickness ruin the start of your holiday.
A common complaint when we travel is diarrhoea; this is associated with changes to food and water. Imodium If you suffer from diarrhoea, you want a medicine that's effective and can deal with your symptoms quickly.
- Imodium works in harmony with your body to help restore your natural rhythm and calm your diarrhoea. Imodium Instants are fast and convenient relief from diarrhoea symptoms (within one hour), that dissolve instantly on your tongue, without the need for water. Perfect for when you're on the go.
- Dioralyte is a fast and effective treatment for reducing dehydration and replacing mineral salts lost when you have diarrhoea. Designed to contain the right balance of essential mineral salts for your body's well-being and sugars to help your body quickly absorb these salts and water. Promoting rehydration and helping you to start feeling better.
Don't forget your passport! We all know how exciting it is planning and packing for our well-deserved holidays, however in all the excitement the smaller items that can make our holiday so much easier can get forgotten.
We've put together a handy essentials checklist for you to use when packing, which hopefully will make the process a lot more stress-free...